SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johndeere_gw

What with all the Plasma and LCD tv hype?

17 years ago

This Holiday season they say Plasma and LCD wide screen TV's are the number 1 top seller.Stores are having sales on these things left and right.

I see prices of like $1500.00 for just so so sized sets.The picture quality is atleast nice.Not like the Big screen TV's of a few years ago everyone fliped over yet had a lousy faded out looking picture.

Im ussually a Sucker for all the latest electronics that become a craze.Suround sound home theater systems.XBOX then XBox 360 Digital cameras 4 mps then 7mps DVD recorders you name it.The kids at BestBuy know me by my first name.But I have no desire for Wide Screen or LCD or Plasma or Big screen or HDTV.

I am happy with my 27'' tube set I might would go 32'' next time.Why not? Regular Tube TV's are cheap priced now days.I hang pictures on the wall but I do not want my TV hanging on a wall.Thats why I spent a grand on a nice entertainment center to hold it and my electronics.

Can someone explain what im missing with the new thin sets.To me I just can not see the better picture quality.Some look bad from the side washed out.All that big money and they get the same channels as any low priced set and not one thing else.

Comments (7)