Developing a routine with machines?

alison

I work on a high school campus that has installed a gym with basic, Nautilus fitness machines. Some folks from work and I have been given access to the room after hours.

Are their any tips or any sites I can go to to learn how to maximize our time there? I've been doing my Pilates-type stretches, then simply going around and doing sets of reps at all the machines in turns, at a weight that is just a little more than is comfortable.

Is there something more I should be considering or planning?

(We've actually been finishing each session with a rousing game of foursquare -- probably the best workout of all!)

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

that all sounds about right to me - and the game probably is the best of it.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alison

Oh, it is!

I ended up "borrowing" the plan a friend got when she joined a high price gym and adapting it to our machines and the weights I can do. 6 weeks later, we're still going twice a week. Everyone is tweaking their routine a little, and we're all starting to see some small results. It really helps to have partners to guilt you into going.

But capping the boring work off with a game is the best part!

Save    

Related Stories

Most Popular 10 Strategies for Mastering Your Morning Routine
Conquer the habit of running late with these ideas for getting yourself — and your family — out the door on time
Full Story
Life Regain Calm With a New Weekly Routine
Having a day-by-day housekeeping schedule makes the chores a lot more manageable
Full Story
Life Do It for the Kids! A Few Routines Help a Home Run More Smoothly
Not a Naturally Organized person? These tips can help you tackle the onslaught of papers, meals, laundry — and even help you find your keys
Full Story
Antiques Antique Sewing Machines: Tailor Made for Nostalgic Decor
In full-on vintage rooms or contrasting modern looks, old sewing machines and tables are stirring up the past in a most stylish way
Full Story
Cleaning Tackle Big Messes Better With a Sparkling-Clean Dishwasher
You might think it’s self-cleaning, but your dishwashing machine needs regular upkeep to keep it working hard for you
Full Story
Most Popular Can-Do Cleaning Strategies for Busy People
While you dream of having a maid (to go with the cook and chauffer), this simplified cleaning routine can keep your real-world home tidy
Full Story
Traditional Homes Houzz Tour: British Columbia Townhome with a Postcard View
Picturesque coastal views and a built-in espresso machine were a match for this Canadian homeowner
Full Story
Cleaning 10 Tips to Streamline Laundry Day
Little adjustments to your attitude and routine can help take the wrinkles out of doing the wash
Full Story
The Hardworking Home A Vision of the Future for the Smart Home
Intel, a smart-home platform developer, offers a peek into the tech firm's experimental ‘living lab’
Full Story