SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

Anti-Aging Routine-- Update

anele_gw
12 years ago

Hi, everyone!

First of all, THANK YOU so much for helping come up with my anti-aging skin care routine. You saved me a lot of time with all of the info!

I have been using the products I got for about 2 or 3 weeks. Nothing seemed to be happening-- skin didn't seem smoother, no peeling (from the retinol), NOTHING. I thought I would at least feel smoother skin from the moisturizer since I used to use nothing, or that my skin would get irritated right away, esp. as the AHA does sort of sting when I put it on.

The last few days, my skin finally started peeling. (I use retinol and an AHA daily.) Oddly, I can now see a difference in my skin. The lines and wrinkles are definitely still there, but they are less obvious and my skin looks "fresher," as Bobbi Brown would say. (I read somewhere that she said that is really the goal-- not to get rid of wrinkles, but to look fresh).

I also need help for some whiteheads I have. They are still there!

My DD is getting some blackheads. Anyone know if Proactive is any good?

I can't believe there is a difference after such a short time. Again, it's not like the lines and wrinkles are gone, but they are just not so harsh.

I am still looking for a good nighttime moisturizer. I only have one with sunscreen in it. Looking for something effective, cheap, and not tested on animals.

Anyway, my skin and I THANK YOU!

Comments (23)