SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smcacc

Philips 27PT543S37A L01.1U AC-7638

SMCACC
18 years ago

I have a problem with my 2 year old Philips TV 27PT543S37A L01.1U AC-7638 not coming properly and appears to be similar to many other postings. I have read the many similar threads, however, I am so confused by related/non-related replies I am having difficulty pinpointing problem/resolution. I feel I need to post my own thread.

Problem: Power on TV, TV will make a humm/buzz/click noise for no more then 5 seconds and then the TV appears to go dead but the green power-on light stays on. It will stay like this indefinately. If I hit the up/down channel button one time it will click/buzz/humm again like its powering up then go dead again as before 5 seconds or less.

Workaround: However, if I continually press the channel up/down button it will no longer go dead after 5 seconds or less and the picture will slowly start to appear on screen, shrunken/garbled at first but slowly grow larger and clearer to fit screen until it looks like a normal picture after about 30 seconds. At this point the TV will run continuously without problem until the next time it is turned off. I also noted that if after running correctly for awhile and I shut off, then turn back on, the length of time I have to contually change channel to get picture is shorter then the 30 original seconds when cold. The length of time it takes for picture is exponential to the amount of time its benn since I turned off TV eventually going back to square one. So to me it appears when warm the picture comes on that much quicker.

I hope this clearly states the problem and not too much info. Sorry for the length. Any clear answers/help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (6)