DVD help!

maizeylou

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good workout DVD for the over 50 and not athletic (at all) gifted? I want to start toning and losing some weight but I am intimidated by DVD's that I know I cannot keep up with. I would appreciate hearing your favorites and your stories. Thank you!

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
awm03

Gin Miller's step videos are easy for beginners and are wonderful workouts. You'll have to buy a step bench too, of course, but it's a worthwhile investment.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gin Miller's Everybody Steps

Save    
maizeylou

Thanks for your suggestion. I think I am just afraid to begin.

Save    
socks

If it's like the aerobics classes I've been in, you don't even need the step. I was always afraid I'd fall, so I just did the stepping patterns without the step. The important thing is to be moving, right?

Save    

Related Stories

My Houzz My Houzz: Saturated Colors Help a 1920s Fixer-Upper Flourish
Bright paint and cheerful patterns give this Spanish-style Los Angeles home a thriving new personality
Full Story
Organizing Help for Whittling Down the Photo Pile
Consider these 6 points your personal pare-down assistant, making organizing your photo collection easier
Full Story
Features 9 Real Ways You Can Help After a House Fire
Suggestions from someone who lost her home to fire — and experienced the staggering generosity of community
Full Story
Organizing 4 Questions to Help You Organize Your Favorite Photos
Organize your keeper photos with a system that's just right for you, whether it's in the cloud or you can hold it in your hand
Full Story
Home Tech Decorate With Intention: Helping Your TV Blend In
Somewhere between hiding the tube in a cabinet and letting it rule the room are these 11 creative solutions
Full Story
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz: Create a Complete Media Center
By Houzz
From cabinets to DVD storage boxes, here's help for organizing your entertainment center
See Products
Home Tech 5 Ways to Organize Your Home Electronics
Always losing your phone charger? Tired of digging for that missing DVD? Try these ideas for managing your favorite home gadgets
Full Story
Home Tech Plug Into Home Power Monitors That Pay for Themselves
Stop throwing away money on wasted electricity with help from new monitors that work with your phone or computer
Full Story
Home Tech 5 Ways to Decorate Around a Flat-Screen TV
Color, Placement and Accessories Help that Big Black Screen Blend In
Full Story
With client trust and satisfaction at the heart of our approach to the homebuilding process, Hartley Homebuilding... Read More