SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellowbelle

Is this radio interference superficial or damaging?

bellowbelle
15 years ago

Hi, I'm new to this forum, though I've posted at GW in times past.

I have what I think is a simple question... for someone that knows about electronics (not me).

I have a radio and a humidifier-gadget, love them both. The photo shows them, with the plugged-in radio 'off' and the plugged-in humidifier 'on.'

The humidifier causes interference to the radio if both are ON -- static, weakened signal. I've tried moving the humidifier to different spots, but it seems to cause a degree of interference wherever it is (unless it's out in another room).

Our house is old but we did update and had the wiring inspected. That's not to say we are very modernized, though. The interference MAY be due to circuitry, but I know there are at least a few different types of radio interference (because I tried to find an answer by googling...!).

My question of the day IS:

If I leave things as they are (because I want them both where they are) but just don't run them at the same time, will my radio get damaged just by existing, plugged-in, near the humidifier? My guess is 'no,' that it's just an annoying interference but not damaging.

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this one.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (6)