SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheekybones

Guests, responses and private space

cheekybones
14 years ago

Thanks to many posts here I knew people were not good at RSVPing and built in extra time to try to contact those who do not possess this basic social skill. I am co-hosting a bridal shower and as of the deadline fewer than half of the invitees have responded (including most of the bridesmaids). Half of those who did respond did so through back channels that make it difficult to track. With the current number of acceptances,I can host a sit down luncheon (and would prefer to do so). However, if all of the outstanding invitees show up, it will need to be an appetizer and cake shower. I would appreciate your suggestions for how to proceed. We are trying to contact those who have not responded (if people cannot commit to responding, can they commit to showing up?). I would like to go with the luncheon and not have room for the people who did not respond but know that would be rude on my part. Help.

Also, I live in a two story home and consider the first floor to be public space while the second floor is only for those who live here. When I have hosted family dinners in the past few years, people go upstairs to use the bathroom. There is a powder room on the first floor and I see no need for them to invade my private space. I usually to not "company clean" the upstairs (including the bathrooms). In addition, my computer and my private papers are in my office on that floor (not locked). Do others have this problem? How do you address it? Am I overly sensitive? I try to keep track of my guests but people could be gone for a while before I notice.

Thanks for your time.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022