Exercise equipment recommendation for LARGE person

Vickey__MN

Okay DH (and I) are considering something for exercise. Problem: he has VERY BAD knees (will need knee replacement in near future), he weighs over 300 pounds, and needs to lose weight before they'll do the surgery. He needs VERY LOW to NO impact aerobics to do, besides water exercise, are there any machines that would support his weight and be non aerobic?

Vickey-MN

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
centralcacyclist

The Tony Little Gazelle might do. The Supra (Sears sells it) has a weight capacity of 325. No knee bending which is why I bought one. I have some minor knee injuries and arthritis which cause periodic painful knee bending.

What about a rowing machine? Can he bend his knees with no pain? I have a friend who recently had a knee replacement. She was referred for gastric bypass surgery which she decided not to do and lost some weight on her own, about 45 lbs. They wanted her to lose 100 prior to surgery but went ahead with it anyway after the 45 pound lose. She has continued to lose weight as she recovers and starts working out with a personal trainer this week.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Basements Basement of the Week: Personality and Amenities Create a Comfy Lounge
School colors: on the wall. Neon Pabst sign: behind the bar. Exercise equipment, shower, games and big-screen TV: right on tap
Full Story
My Houzz My Houzz: Accessibility With Personality in an 1870 Home
Hand-painted murals and personal touches fill an accessible home with warmth and charm
Full Story
Kitchen Sinks Clever Extras for a Perfectly Personalized Kitchen Sink
Streamline cooking prep and cleanup with integrated sink racks, baskets, inventive cutting boards and more
Full Story
Friendly Painting, Inc., is a full service residential & commercial painting and contracting business founded in... Read More
Biltmore Design Galleria is a Design-Build company with over 15 years or so of experience. We are firm believers... Read More