Broke leg --so how to lose weight without exercise?

momofanna

I am bedridden for awhile...am 70 pounds overweight and now stuck in bed. Broke it when exercising by getting hit by dumb driver while walking outside.

Is it possible to lose any weight while in bed? Wouldn't even the best foods stick o you since you are immobile most of the time?

Anyone ever went through this? I already feel fatter!

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

So, so sorry to hear you were hurt. Do you really have to be in bed? No crutches, no walker? Maybe you could talk to your doctor about what you can do to keep your muscles strong. You'll definitely have to watch what you eat since you are burning fewer calories every day. You do not want to gain weight during the time of your recouperation.

I was on crutches for a long time and got a couple of Jodi Stolove chair exercise DVD's. Sat in front of the TV and did them until I got very tired of those same faces, but it kept me moving. They are available on Amazon.

Not the best start for 2013 for you, but I commend you for being concerned about being inactive for so long. Hope that leg mends quickly.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Arhsub

Get well soon,
Green tea is best for burning belly fat and loosing weight.
Stay away from junk and fast food.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular 7 Ways to Design Your Kitchen to Help You Lose Weight
In his new book, Slim by Design, eating-behavior expert Brian Wansink shows us how to get our kitchens working better
Full Story
Decorating Guides Declutter Now: Lose That Old Sports Equipment
Make more room in your closets and give your home a fresh start the eco-friendly way
Full Story
Earth Day The Case for Losing the Traditional Lawn
Work less, help the environment and foster connections by just saying no to typical turf
Full Story