SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2sweetpea

Microwave Oven Mysterious Power Outage

2sweetpea
18 years ago

I have a GE Profile Microwave oven, 3yrs old. Never had a bit of trouble with it, until now.

It mysteriously shuts down. This occurs when I am not using it. All of a sudden the display panel goes blank, no Clock display or function of any kind. After about 5 minutes it regains power. The clock displays the time- always 4:23. The first time I noticed this happening I was able to reset the clock to the correct time. The next day it shut down again, regained power- time again 4:23. I know it has done this several times since. When it is up and running- it functions fine. However, after a period of time, even when "idle" it shuts down and then regains power and the clock is again 4:23. Now when I try to reset the clock it shuts down again. At least I know it is functioning again when the clock displays any time.

G.E. says "when the microwave has been cooking for quite some time it is possible that the microwave is overheating and shutting itself off and therefore works again the next time because it has cooled".

As this is not the case they recommend service. So I am scheduled for after Thanksgiving.,

However, I am afraid that when the repairman comes, he wonÂt detect anything. Any thoughts as to what might be happening, so that I can convince the repairman IÂm not crazy.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County