SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mistybear11

My son's birthday party?

mistybear11
21 years ago

Hi ! Haven't been here for a while, been so busy since the new year. I really need your honest opinion on this. Our son is celebrating his 8th birthday and for the first time he has asked to have a party. Since Christmas has just passed and he received many presents, I asked him if he thought that he needed 14 more presents. Because this is the number of kids he would like to invite. All of the boys in his class and a couple of others in the neighbourhood. I asked him what if each child were to bring you no more than 5 dollars and we could buy ONE nice gift with the money. He said that would be fine. Your first reaction is what I need please. Many of these children have been to a minimum of TEN parties averaging $20 dollars per each. Harley(our son) has been to maybe a total of three. The problem is I don't want to offend anyone and I don't want them to feel the need to have to spend MORE MONEY ON YET ANOTHER KIDS' BIRTHDAY PRESENT. I thought this would be a good idea but I can't figure out how to word the message on the invitation. Can you give me your first thought honest opinion. I am hoping to change how birthdays and presents are viewed. This party is important to Harely because he gets to invite so many kids and to have fun in his own home and not for the presents. Thank you in advance for your imput. Linda

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County