SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
electron619

Magnavox TV Problem: 13PR12-C221/13X601-00AA

electron619
18 years ago

The picture is slanted diagonally and appears to need a horizontal adjustment. The condition is constant. The audio is OK. I couldn't find any internal horizontal adjustment. I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

Comments (8)

• cumminsjeep
    18 years ago

Hey electron, do you mean that the whole picture is tilted, but square to itself? It just is not square to the bezel of the picture tube? If that is the case, the Yoke needs to be turned. The yoke is what is on the neck of the picture tube and looks like (and is) a fancy electromagnet. Simply loosen the adjusting clamp and GENTLY turn the WHOLE ASSEMBLY to the correct azimuth. If my description does not fit your symptom there is no need to make this adjustment. BTW, be careful as about 15KV is lurking very close to your hands. (If I guessed right that your set is a 13" set)

• electron619
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for your input Cumminsjeep. The slanted "picture" is just a series of diagonal lines, not a complete picture that is rotated relative to the picture tube. It would probably be rectified with a Horizontal sweep adjustment or a fix to the Horizontal circuitry.

• Rockets83
    18 years ago

I have the same set with the same problem. Like the Horizontal Hold needs adjusted. However I don't think that is the problem because if you hit the Menu button, the menu is not rolling, it is displayed perfectly.

I just started looking at mine tonight. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be greatful.

Rockets83

• pee_wee
    18 years ago

I don't have the part number, but it's the filter capacitor located behind the high voltage transformer. It's a 100uf/200v.

pw

• electron619
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I replaced capacitor C432 with a 100uf/250v cap and it worked. All is fine now. Thanks Pee Wee.

• jwolsey
    18 years ago

i have a 19 magnavox tv it shows a oicture sometimes then it shoes horizontal lines and when it does that it shows a vertial line alsowell its got a vertial roll hope u can help me. tks jwolsey

• electron619
    Original Author
    18 years ago

jwolsey: you need to post this as a separate item with your TV type and model in the subject or it won't be seen.

• jwolsey
    18 years ago

i have a 19 magnavox tv it shows a oicture sometimes then it shoes horizontal lines and when it does that it shows a vertial line alsowell its got a vertial roll hope u can help me. tks jwolsey