SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Mini rant and question - What do you pay?

DLM2000-GW
13 years ago

This is personal, I know, and also very individual but I'm just curious and wonder if you'll share. Every year at this time I'm astounded at certain costs and the dramatic increases in the last decade +.

We group our landline phone, cell phone and internet costs for tax time because we have a home based business so that's the number I'm curious about.

Prior to 2009 we didn't have internet, so that cost is relatively new and has gone from dial-up to DSL to Cable. We also didn't have 4 cell phones at that time. Up until very recently we had 3 landline numbers, home, business and dedicated fax but have now dropped to 2 lines.

We paid over $3300 in those combined 'technologies' last year. I am constantly investigating ways to lower costs (as I'm sure many of you are, too) but as soon as I get a lower rate in one place, another goes up. And of course that's not just with those 3 costs, it's in everything, like gas at 3.71/gal at the moment - choke. There's no easy answer. I love the many text/pix messages I get from my kids who are over half a continent away. My internet 'soft-addiction' is important to me - I love having the world on my desk and the cyber (and flesh & blood) connections I've made.

It's an endless game and leaves me scratching my head. Just how much better off are we? I know that's a huge philosophical question with no answer. So I'm wondering.... what do you pay?

Comments (21)