SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mully911

Horrible landscaper

mully911
10 years ago

One of the poorest decisions of my life was to award Legend Landscapes llc of Willoughby Ohio. my business.

I have never hired a landscaper before but we built a new home in an nice development in 2011 for aprox. 400K and chose Legend landscapes llc. to provide our landscape design and implementation. The initial contact and sell went very well and we liked the design concepts so we decided to move forward. They started the job a few weeks late, no big deal. Work went on for a few months with the usual delays. When 90% of the agreed work was complete I agreed to pay the remaining balance in full with a promises and handshake that they would return soon to complete the few things remaining. What a mistake! It has been over two years now and I am still waiting for grading to be repaired that creates a 30 foot pool of water on our new driveway. I have called, emailed and text over 86 times begging them to complete work and fix issues we have. Here is a list.
1)Still waiting for lawn:
Lawn has huge bare spots where clay soil and gravel show through on 20% of area after 2 years.
Comments from 3 other landscape companies state lawn was not prepared correctly. Ground up clay soil was used as seed base instead of covering with screened topsoil. I was told by Legend that ground up clay and rock is topsoil when I asked about it.
2)Still waiting for grading repair:
Improper grading forces water to create 30 foot pool on our new concrete driveway. I was promised in March if I waited until August they would come to repair their mistake. Seven months have passed and we are still waiting...
3)Still waiting for many small things that need repair. Dead trees to be replaced etc...
Our experience overall in quality, service, punctuality and professionalism is the worst I have ever seen. Excuse after excuse. It's laughable.
Extremely disappointed customer!

This post was edited by mully911 on Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 11:54

Comments (4)