SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellyeng

Health check-in: Week 9 (also need opinion)

kellyeng
12 years ago

Didn't do so well last week. Gained a pound back and my knee is too messed up to workout regularly. I'm really getting frustrated so DH and I have decided to do something kind of drastic. We're going on a one month juicing fast.

A couple of weeks ago my brow lady told me about the documentary, "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" and said that after watching it she went on a 10 day fast and at the end, her chronic back pain was nearly gone. Then her 80 year old mother went on a month long juicing fast and at the end, came off of nine different prescription medications.

So DH and I watched it on Friday evening and I've spent the last three days researching as much as I can about it. Basically, you drink 80% veggies and 20% fruit and water the whole time. There is significant weight loss, like almost a pound per day. I don't understand this because one is still consuming 1200 to 1500 calories per day. The weight loss is just a happy side effect. My purpose for doing this is that people have had some good success with re-training their brains to not crave carbs and sugar - which is my down fall. I'm such a good, healthy eater but when cravings hit I eat the worst of the worst stuff. I have an addiction and I've got to do something to break it.

So the plan is that this week we are going to prepare. We purchased our juicer, and I'm going to do more research and plan the rest of the week. I'm going to be supervised by my doctor and I have an appointment with him to discuss and get some base-line blood tests. Then the following week, we will start incorporating juice and doing some meal replacements just so it's more of an easy transition. Then in two weeks we will be full blown juicing. I don't really buy into the idea of "detoxing" and "cleansing" so if I feel like I need more protein (which is the only nutrient downfall of the plan) I don't think it will be any big deal to have almonds or a tuna steak for dinner.

Below is the link to the documentary's creator. He has a whole website with juicing plans, FAQ and a community. It's free to join.

Crazy? What do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: jointhereboot.com

Comments (21)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!