SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

My waffles recipe, for Annie's Maple Syrup

Lars
15 years ago

I've made several batches of waffles since I received the Grade B maple syrup from Annie, and I thought I would share the recipe with you because I've been revising it until I think it's the best I can make it. The waffles come out very light but also very rich. Here's my current method:

Ingredients:

2 tbsp unsalted butter

1 cup unbleached flour

2 tbsp whole wheat flour

3 tbsp buttermilk powder

1 tbsp baking powder

3/4 tsp baking soda

2/3 tsp salt

1/2 tbsp sugar

2 eggs

1/4 cup cream

1/2 to 3/4 cup water

Directions:

Cut the butter into small pieces or pats, put in a microwave safe cup, and microwave for 40 seconds, or melt over regular heat. Set aside.

Sift the dry ingredients together into a small or medium sized bowl.

Beat the eggs slightly in a two-cup liquid measuring cup with the cream. Then add enough water to make the total liquid 1-1/3 cups. Add the melted butter while stirring constantly.

Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture all at once, and blend until fairly smooth. You donÂt have to get it completely smooth. At this point, the mixture should be the consistency of heavy cream. If it is too thick, add more water, a tablespoon at a time. If the mixture is too thick, the waffles will be heavier.

Pour the batter into a waffle iron according to mfg instructions. Mine takes about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of batter to make one waffle. I generally get four waffles from this recipe, but if I thin the batter out more, I sometimes get five. The thinner batter makes lighter waffles.

Serve with real maple syrup.

Lars

Comments (12)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County