SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroleohio

Long Term Document/Newspaper Clipping Storage

CaroleOH
14 years ago

I have given up on doing scrapbooks or putting all the pieces of paper/newspaper clippings, awards, school papers, momentos etc. that each of my three boys has collected over their school years into an organized binder.

I want to find a nice, sturdy, quasi attractive storage box to put all these things in. One for each boy. I think it will be nice in 5-10 years for them to come back and sort through a box of just their memories.

But, I want a box that is about 13x10x6 - big enough to easily hold items bigger than a standard piece of paper, but not really huge.

I've found a few archival sites and these boxes are basically cardboard - albeit acid free etc. The Container Store has some more attractive ones, but they're not "archival" quality.

So, my question to you all is - do you think it's important to use the official archival storage boxes, or would plastic or recycled paper or leather or wood boxes be ok?

In detail, the items to be stored are newspaper clippings of their sports highlights, papers they wrote on regular white notebook paper, awards, report cards, some photos, but I have a special photo album that I have all their class photos in.

Anyone here do the same type of memory box for their kids?

Comments (2)