SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

I need some more sage advice...

neetsiepie
14 years ago

the other night I backed into a pole for a chain link fence. Naturally, since I drive a big pick up, the pole is MUNCHED. I wasn't sure if I did it, I thought I'd backed into the curb, so I called my son when I got home and asked him to check for me (not a scratch on my truck). Because I was responsible for this, I asked my son to go to the neighbors house (I was leaving my sons house when I did this) and give them my contact info since I wanted to pay to fix the pole. He called me back and said they'd just left as he was heading over there, but he put a note with my contact info and description of what happened on their door.

This happened on Monday, and we're almost to Thursday now. No calls from these folks. My son tried to contact them again (he said the note was gone) but they were not home. So what do you think I should do? I'm thinking of going over there this weekend and trying to talk to them.

I won't file an insurance claim, it won't cost more than $50 total (that includes paying my son to take out the old pole and put in a new one). I'm wondering if they figure the fence pole is inside some bushes it doesn't matter?

I NEED to put karma back in balance here...suggestions?

Comments (7)