SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Molly is HOME!!!!!

IdaClaire
13 years ago

I'm so excited that I had to start a new thread with the news! I cannot even begin to tell you how joyful I feel right now. My baby girl is back!

DH was on the computer in the front room, and said he heard a cat meowing on the porch. I was walking through the adjoining living room, so peeked out and saw the black and white tom. I told DH, "Oh heck, it's just the tom again" - but on a whim I stepped outside onto the porch and did my "Molly whistle." That's when I thought I heard a faint meow, so I called to her. Another meow - not coming from the tom, and not coming from one of the cats inside the house, looking out at me through the storm door. My heart skipped a beat, but I kept up the calling/whistling and the meowing continued. I heard her hiss at the tom, who was only a few feet away from her on the porch (she was in the bushes). And then I saw her, and my heart did a total somersault! Next thing I knew, she was up on the porch, and I stepped towards tom kitty and he ran off. I reached for Molly and she ran, so we went back to the whistling/calling and she soon came back onto the porch. I crouched down, held out my hand and she came up to sniff me (and I swear, she had this "Hey, I know you!" look on her face) - then when she was with grabbing reach, I grabbed. Freaked her totally out, but I didn't care - she was in my arms, and I was in the house faster than lightning.

She ran upstairs and his under the bed for oh, about 2 minutes, and now she's in the kitchen devouring a plate of tuna that DH put down for her. She's probably going to eat to the point of puking, but I couldn't care less. I'll gladly clean up after her ... I'm just beyond thrilled that she's home!

I haven't had a chance to fully examine her - it'll be a little while before she's going to let me hold her I know - but she doesn't really look any worse for the wear. Obviously she was hungry, and probably thirsty too. Funny how she seemed to be hanging out with the tom. He's such a big bruiser that I'd worried he had harmed or killed her, but I guess they were something like running buddies.

Now I want to get an air horn and blast it everytime we go out the door to make her terrified of doors! LOL! Is that awful of me? Seriously - any good tips on how to prevent this happening again? (I've hung a big string of large jingle bells on one of the doorknobs - they make a loud jangly noise when the door is opened or closed.)

Finally, but certainly not least of all, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your compassion, concern, prayers, good thoughts, suggestions, and just good friendship through this ordeal. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Molly's return home was due in no small part to your intervention.

Thank you, thank you - a thousand times, thank you.

And now I'm off just to look at her and smile. :-)

Comments (71)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer