SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sallyjavalon

techno-idiot questions on components

sallyjavalon
18 years ago

I want to get a flat screen LCD 32 inch TV in the next 6 months. There is no cable in our area. I have an exterior antenna, and might consider a satellite dish some point in the future. The TV would be used for television and DVDÂs, no video games, no computer interface. It would be nice, but not necessary, to be able to view digital photos on it.

1. With the above usage in mind, what specifications in the discriptions of the various brands would be the most important?

2. What other components are needed to go with the TV? I see reference to progressive scanners and boxes for HDTV and am clueless. I own very few VCRÂs so am prepared to forego a VCR player for just a DVD player.

2. My 6 year old stereo system is in storage: Harmon Kardon receiver/amplifier with radio (is that the right term?); Tannoy tower speakers; cd player mid-low end. I have an Ipod docking station. Can the newer DVD players also play CDÂs? What do I need to be able to listen to my music, and watch tv/dvdÂs (not as the same time of course) and what plugs in to what?? Thanks in advance for any help in steering me in the right direction

Comment (1)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County