SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wangshan

vonage sucks...question about majic jack

wangshan
13 years ago

I just quit vonage voip because their rates have gone way up since I first started with them. I had to call my bank and get the charge...over $400 prepay for the year......... removed since they went ahead and charged me any way ...nice huh? After filing out all the complaint forms to the BBB,FCC and states AG like I always do when one of these corporations screws up like that, I have to decide if I should bother with a land line or just have a cell phone. Has anyone got the majick jack ? Are the problems with the old ones ironed out ? How much do they end up costing per year?

Comments (2)

• mike_kaiser_gw
    13 years ago

The only thing I've heard about Magic Jack is that their support is pretty bad. If you get the thing up and running, it works fine. Remember that you need to have a computer up and running for Magic Jack to work. Computer goes down, no phone.

There's another service like Vonage that supposed to be pretty good. Can't think of the name, something with an O.

Lots of people are ditching land lines. Depends on your calling habits. Most telephone companies offer a very basic, inexpensive plan if you want to have a backup. Generally, they don't advertise them you have to ask and you'll only get a few local calls per month.

• wwrockyou
    13 years ago

Ooma love it works flawlessly yes you need internet connection but it is 2011, initial cost for me on amazon about $100 no fees long distance free too.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH