SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Cable box remote doesn't control TV

jenn
15 years ago

My mom has a relatively new TV in her upstairs bedroom. She recently had a new digital cable installed w/cable box so that she can watch her cable TV movies upstairs.

Trouble is, the remote that came with the cable box isn't programmed to work with her TV. So, she needs to first turn on the TV, then the box (or the other way around, I'm not sure). Then, at that point, she cannot get past the on-demand channel which comes up first every time.

She's called Charter (her cable service) and very nice, helpful people try to talk her through it every time, but either their suggestions don't fix it or she doesn't accurately follow them.

Needless to say, this is more than frustrating to her. New technology brings us a bazillion channels and brilliant clarity, but with a price.

I suggested that she ask Charter to have someone go to the house to program it for her. It seems that should have been done in the first place, when the box was delivered and connected, not just leave her with it to do herself.

Are there any other options?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida