SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

And now my sweet Grandad is close to passing ...

IdaClaire
13 years ago

He was admitted to the hospital last week with flu and pneumonia. (I suspect I also picked up a touch of the flu after visiting him last weekend; it's rampant in the nursing home where he resides.) His respiration has been weak and his urine output is very low, indicating that his kidneys may be shutting down. His body doesn't seem to be responding to the antibiotics. He hasn't eaten properly in weeks.

He was really out of it when we saw him last weekend. He has told family members that he wished he could "just go on" and be with my Grannie, who passed about a month ago. He looked so all alone and lost without her. I'm sure that's exactly how he's been feeling.

As it was with Grannie, I'm so not ready to lose him as well ... but I do want what is best for him. I know it's not at all uncommon for the remaining partner to pass shortly after the first longtime spouse dies. That doesn't make it any easier to really accept though. If you have any thoughts or prayers to spare for him, I would so appreciate them.

Comments (44)