SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonshadow_gw

Would you pay $42 mil?

moonshadow
13 years ago

That is, if you had $42mil laying around. ;)

So I'm reading the news and there's a blip about Jennifer Aniston's Beverly Hills home going on the market, listed for $42 million. *gulp*

I love a great renovation and was curious. Particularly because of what she reportedly paid and is now asking. Would have loved to have seen before pics, but it was hard enough finding 'after' pics. (During my searching somewhere it said it won't be a public listing, only an elite group of realtors will have access to it for showings.)

Here's a summary of details scattered across the web:

Built in 1970, designed by architect Harold W. Levitt.

She bought it in 2006 for $13.5 million

She then spent 2 years renovating with architect Stephen Shadley

The home was featured in the March 2010 issue of "Architectural Digest". (Can't find photos at AD nor at Mr. Shadley's web site portfolio.)

Interior notables, from LA Times & Take Sunset blogs: After the house's face lift, Aniston dubbed it "Ohana," a Hawaiian expression meaning extended family. Designed by Stephen Shadley, the property features 14-foot entryways, a travertine bridge over a koi pond and a stunning Murano glass chandelier in the main hall....the majority of wood in the home was cut from fallen trees, and the roof features sizable solar panels...walnut dining table that seats 24, a game room with vintage pool table and city views, and a cozy kitchen with a pizza oven and wine room...fruitwood Sauter piano... Brazilian cumaru wood detailing, Asian and Balinese decor, sliding glass walls that open up to a wrap-around lanai with heated travertine flooring...

It's a nice house and all. Personally the exterior has more appeal than the interior. Guess I'm not relating to the zen/tropical labels often attached. (Those terms make me envision light, open, airy, breezy, comfy cushy white or light slipcovered sofa, etc.) This house has a lot of darkness and furnishings make me think of a blend of MCM & 70's. But mostly what don't see is the $42 million price tag. No doubt there's $ in the details, but I just don't see it. Below is a collection of photos from various sites taken about a year ago, probably from the AD issue.

What do you think?

Aerial

{{gwi:1495506}}

{{gwi:1495507}}

Exterior:

Interior:

Comments (26)