SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinam61

Do you sew? If so - - - -

tinam61
13 years ago

What are you working on? I am a so-so seamstress. I can sew fairly well - just not anything too complicated LOL. I absolutely hate and never, ever sew clothing! The only thing I like sewing are home projects.

After my sewing machine collecting dust for many months, I pulled it out and have a few projects I'm working on:

-Made 3 (but decided to use only 2) pillows for sunroom from fabric that was Pottery Barn napkins. Saw the pillows in the window, went back and they had only one. The pillow cover was, I think $39 and they had napkins in the same fabric for $6.00.

-One of those long bed pillows (ala Holly Mathis) - I am doing a cover in the Bosephous fabric in the pale shades. Easy peasy!

Next on the list:

-Valances for the kitchen and eating nook. Easy to sew, but the fabric has a design and I will have to match to get my width.

-I am going to embellish or add to or alter a shower curtain. Again easy, the hardest part will be I may be using piping and will make my own.

-Two more pillows - copying them from blogs. One will have a large flower - one of those rolled flowers and the other has a flower made from felt and some fabric scraps.

Maybe this is part of spring fever? I feels good to have the machine out and working on something!

Anyone else with any projects? Nanny?

tina

Comments (38)