SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

He is home!

neetsiepie
12 years ago

I was at the prison at 7 this morning and 3 of his friends met me there. There were several men being released today, and I had a feeling Jon would be the last. So as the room slowly emptied, the clock crept closer to 9...he FINALLY came out.

I don't think any of us really expected it until we saw him and we were walking out to my truck.

Within minutes everyone's phones were abuzz with texts and calls, and Jon realized he really was missed dearly.

The best part was when we came back to the house and his dog jumped into his arms and kissed him for ages.

We had him home for a little while, then I dropped him off to do some paperwork and his sister picked him up. He'd spent the afternoon with her shopping for new clothes (he got some birthday money from Mom & Dad) then she brought him over to his friends house to play some video games. He'll spend the night at his sisters (she lives a couple blocks from his friend) and we'll see him again tomorrow.

I'm able to breathe again. And the weather today was unbelievable...sunny & low 60's, a perfect omen for the brighter days ahead.

I'm a little sad he's not here right now, but he is an adult...he needs to do what he needs to do to feel like he's a free man again. I am just so relieved to know that he's happy and FREE. And he asked me to tell you all thank you so much for your kind words and good wishes. He really appreciates what you've done for him and me.

So thank you all again. It's been a great day.

Comments (28)