SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Why is it so Hard to find make-up for elderly without sparkles?

ladyamity
14 years ago

The other day I found my mom (80s) in the kitchen with her magnifying mirror propped up on the window sill.

After a few minutes of talking with her I realized she was pretty down on herself about her wrinkles, getting older, disabilities, etc.

She retired twenty-three years ago and hasn't worn make-up since, other than lipstick, moisturizing night cream on her face and sunscreen on her face, neck and arms when she goes outside.

After chatting a bit, I told her we'd make a day of it....make-up and hair day this week....just the two of us....a girly day.

It's Jan. and time for me to dye my hair anyway and I've had a couple samples of different creams and foundations I've been wanting to try but putting it off because there just never seems to be enough time to 'play' make-up.

This is as good a time as any and I felt it would be fun for her, maybe lift her spirits a bit.

I asked about the make-up she used to use and then went on a search for it.

None of it is made anymore!

That's ok because I felt there wouldn't be a problem finding suitable replacements.

WRONG!

Wow....

Isn't there anything out there in a Soft, Matte, Cream without the words:

Luminous, Frosty, Pearlescent, Iridescent Pearl, Shimmer, Glimmer or Sparkle?

Powder won't be right for her because of loose skin, hooded eyelids and some pretty deep-set wrinkles so I went on the hunt for some nice cream foundation, cream/matte eyeshadow and cream/matte blush.

Mom would always wear creams anyway all those years I was growing up and I didn't want to introduce her to anything 'new' like Bare Minerals, etc

I've been hunting on and off for three days now and I'm at a loss!

I've even emailed several companies at their "Contact" site online to ask if a certain shadow had sparklies in it because although on the web the creams look matte, turns out each one I inquired about, all had some form of glitter or pearl.

I've checked everything on Ebay and I've had to email the Seller to ask if the cream was frosted/pearl, etc. because whether it's a big company online or an Ebay Seller, most or hardly ever stated the finish of the cream.

I found a nice, matte, ash blonde eyebrow cake at Sephora (I think it was there) and I found a couple foundations that state they won't cake up in wrinkles and the reviews were excellent.

But other than those, I can't find creamy/matte/NON Sparkly shadow or blush.

Anyone know a make-up brand or several brands that have a line of make-up specifically for the much older woman?

About my Mom: Getting my Mom to a Sephora or other beauty counter at a store/mall is not something that is going to happen anytime in this decade. *smile*

Thank you so much for reading my 'novel' and for any help you can provide....much appreciated!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz