SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovelylinguist

Single Electric Wall Oven: WHY is it so hard to find a good one?

S CS
11 years ago

Hi everyone! We are finally WELL underway with our remodel (kitchen plus). I've been reading all of the VERY informative posts regarding ranges and ovens here. We need a single, 30" electric wall oven. But it seems the same issues come up, both here and on other sites (dealer sites, Amazon, etc.):

-Elux - you can't use the self-clean feature because it either trips a breaker or fries the board by the 3rd cleaning

-Bosch - you can't use the self-clean b/c it fries the board

-Viking - unreliable, weird temp range

-KA - crap

-GE Profile - never again or I love it!

-Kenmore - not much info

What is a girl to do? I love to bake, and I am gluten-free and my son has nut/peanut allergies, so I do a lot of baking. We only eat out once every three months... I cook all of the time. I JUST WANT A RELIABLE OVEN. But I can't find consistent info.

We need to decide in the next week or two. I am at a loss. (BTW, we are going with the GE Profile 30" induction cooktop. We have an existing Kenmore Elite fridge; will most likely do a Kenmore Elite OTR micro and a Bosch dishwasher. As you can tell, I'm fine with brand mixing.)

I have been so amazed at the breadth and depth of knowledge and experience on this board. I'm hoping a few of you can pipe up and help me.

Thank you so very much in advance!

Comments (30)