SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

My Christmas Presents

gldno1
13 years ago

and my sweet husband says, anniversary (50 years in April), birthday, Mother's Day and probably next Christmas too!

I don't care I am very happy with this stove........I have been using a lemon of a Jenn Air range since 2004 and have averaged 2-3 service calls a year and still the oven door wouldn't close properly, the simmer burner didn't. It took 30 minutes to preheat the danged oven.

I ended up with a Frigidaire gas range from their Gallery line. I have used every feature on it since 12/31 and can happily report I am delighted. I simmered some pizza sauce for two hours and just had to stir occasionally, it never stuck or scorched the sides of the pan. I have used the center griddle, baked a cake and baked two pizzas and will soon put a recipe of Annie1992's WW bread in and try the quick cook (fan) on it. I love the attached bottom rack where when you open the oven door, the rack pulls out half way. No more burned hands from reaching between racks to get that pizza stone. They are easily detached for cleaning.

OK, enough. I am sorry for carrying on so.

The second splurge was an inexpensive counter top oven that can cook 2 12-inch pizzas at one time. I am loving it. I only have room for the range, no built-in oven space. My previous little toaster oven was too small to cook without using foil top and bottom to keep from burning. I have used the convection feature, baked biscuits, a pie crust and even baked the meringue on the coconut cream pie with it.

We had company for the last three days....just an explanation of all the cooking.

{{gwi:1476498}}

It actually has cast metal knobs! The JA had plastic and were replaced three times because the oven door vented out so much heat it fried the pressed foil. This stove has so little heat from the front oven vent that the knobs don't even get warm.

Sorry to gush, but I have been wrestling with the JA for so long............

I am a very happy cook.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor