SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Cut my hours

User
14 years ago

For some reason I feel like I 'know' you guys well enough to blabber about this.

It could be worse. I'm lucky to have a job. Starting next week I'll only be working 3 days a week and getting 60% of my pay. Same thing happened to two other people. Two more were permanently laid off. One guy just had a baby.

Feb. 6th will be 6 years here. *sigh*

I work for a commercial and industrial construction company. In an office of 11.

I'm shocked yet not surprised. We've been so slow for a long time now and you can't keep going like that forever. Today I literally had 4 insurance certificates to mess with and that was about it.

The rest of the week is going to be very odd at the office. Staff meeting tomorrow should be a blast.

My sister works at a bank and said they were hiring part time for a loan officer type thing. I don't even know what she said. This night has been long. It would only be 10 min. away vs. my 45 min. drive. The money still isn't going to compare. There's really nothing close by.

Went to school to be a hair stylist/nail tech but don't like it enough to do that full time. Plus, around here you can't make any money at it. It would be nice to have a shop at the house if we had kids and could afford for me to be a SAHM, which was the original plan at 17 but that's not happening. We're not at that point anyhow.

They're been a very good company to work for. I wouldn't make even close to this much money some place else doing the same thing. They pay full insurance for you and your whole family. Paid vacations, 401 K, free cell phone and use whenever to whoever, bonuses, other fun perks, etc.

I've been thinking for some time now about looking for a different career but haven't. I'm tired of sitting on my butt at a computer. I need to move around more.

Honestly, I think I would be happier working at a department store, jewelry store, furniture store, even paint store... just something that I'm moving around.

Just say a prayer for me that everything works out. Like many other people, I don't work just for something to do. We need the extra income. I believe everything happens for a reason so trying to look at it like that.

Comments (21)