SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rushmom3

Please review my floorplan

rushmom3
14 years ago

First of all I want to say how much I've enjoyed watching everyones' beautiful homes go up. I have gathered SO MUCH info from this site! I am so excited now to actually be starting. One year late...but "better late than never", right?

Our background is this..we're due with our 4th child in February and we are hoping to break ground in spring on my parent's farm. We are looking at this 3 bedroom and are planning to use the bonus room as a 4th. This will be our "forever" home. If necessary down the road, we realize we may need to convert a room downstairs to a bedroom or add on, but now we do prefer to have a master upstairs. We would use the Office/Guest/ room as a living room and maybe have french doors or pocket doors separating it from the great room. We do want this as a usable living room rather than formal living room. We would also be using the reverse stair option.

Right now I am in the process of analyzing room dimensions. I'm using the advice of others here to measure friends/families rooms, etc. I'm convinced we will need to come out a little bit to enlarge rooms. We would use the dining room for entertaining, but would plan to use the breakfast nook for everyday eating. I'd also like stools at the bar. I've looked at several layouts for the upstairs and am torn. I love the spacious bathroom in this one. I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Country House Plan

Comments (3)