SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

I'm just in shock.

Oakley
13 years ago

I need to talk, but I have to keep the phone lines open so I can't talk to my friends. I don't know much yet but here's what I do know so far.

My dh's brother called and said their mother's church called him because she didn't go to church today which is not like her. The phone at her house just kept ringing.

Dh's brother went to the house first since he lives closer to her than we do. Her car was there, newspapers all over the front porch. MIL is 80, and lives alone. We usually talk to her once a week, but this week we didn't since dh was setting up his business here at home.

BIL doesn't have a key to the house, so he called the cops and ambulance. They came and got in somehow and came back outside and told BIL "you don't want to go in there."

It's obvious her body has greatly decomposed, (from last Sunday to today, possibly) but we're also thinking it could be a crime scene.

We pray she died of natural causes. Carbon monoxide is another possibility. I had no idea she had gas in the house, had I known I'd have gotten her a detector. Or maybe she had one and that wasn't the cause? It's very cold here. As you can see, my imagination is running rampant!

DH went to pick up our oldest son to go with him, and our son will be driving since DH is a mess.

That's all I know for now. I just needed to talk to someone, and I know you all are here for me and for all of us when we're going through trying times.

I'm loaded up on coffee, and totally in shock because we have lost two immediate family members in less than 2 weeks.

WTH is going on?

Comments (49)