SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
netjudge

Down to two: Bertazzoni or Five Star?

netjudge
14 years ago

OK finally, I'm down to two (I think) in my choice here for a 30 inch range. For a variety of reasons...style, budget and what's carried locally - I'm down to Bert and Five Star. (I really like the feel and style of the Thermador's but way out of the budget).

Bertazzoni's A304GGVXT:

All Gas

Sealed burners

Convection Oven

Temp Gauge

Storage Drawer

Price: Around $2600

Five Star's TTN2607:

All Gas

Open Burners

No Convection

No Temp Gauge

Price: Around $2600

Currently for me I'm favoring the design of the Five Star a bit more than the Bert (although not much) and I'm weighing style pretty heavy, but I do like having a Temp Gauge, Storage and Convection sounds like a plus.

I'm not a huge cook yet (I grill outside 3-4 nights a week) but really enjoy it and would like to do more - but not having been there and done that before, I'm not sure what I'll end up regretting (although with my 1980's electric range that is falling apart, anything here will be a huge step up). Currently, other than bread, pizza and a few other misc items, the oven doesn't get a ton of use on my current ancient electric stove.

Any input here that might help me tilt the scale one way or the other would be much appreciated. I am hoping to pull trigger tomorrow. Thanks, this board has been a huge help...

Comments (29)