SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Meyer Lemons Plus 1

claire_de_luna
15 years ago

I found beautiful Meyer Lemons this year at our Whole Foods market, and instead of missing the season (like I usually do), I bought many and brought them home. I've zested the lemons I bought and squeezed the juice, and have three precious cups of juice in the form of cubes in my freezer. Last night we had Lemon Pudding Cakes (they are so incredibly good), and I've pulled some other recipes I've wanted to try but never have. Thank you for all your great lemon recipes from the past; I've saved them and am looking forward to trying as many as I can before my lemon runs out.

Along with those, I have ONE lemon from a Meyer Lemon tree I've had for several years. There were nine lemons when summer started (I was So Excited), but the d*mn squirrels got all but one. (Next year I'm building a cage!) Mine is bigger than those I bought (of course it was, there was no competition left on the tree), and more yellow. It's smooth and fragrant and I want to savor it.

My question is...how should I use my precious One Homegrown Meyer Lemon? What would you do with it?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus