SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Witch Hunt for Co-Worker...WWYD?

ttodd
13 years ago

I am primarily the only person that works the front desk in our office except 1 night a week when another girl from our main office does it.

She's not the brightest bulb in the box nor is she very conscientious about the tiny details. She makes a fair amount of dumb mistakes. Some of it is her fault but some of it is not. She was never trained as a front desk person, nor the marketing person and sort of fills in wherever she is needed regardless of what job it is.

She doesn't care much for me (talks very negatively about me behind my back but then she does w/ everybody) but I really don't care. I consider her pretty harmless in the overall scheme of things and don't have any major issues w/ her.

Our main office is pretty messed up and inefficient and the new computer system has only magnified lack of communication, training and consistancy in that office.

Now it seems as though they are trying to pin any mistake on this other girl. If any mistake is made in our office they'll call me. An example of my last conversation w/ the big boss:

Them: "Oh we've been having so many problems w/ her."

Me: "It wasn't her. I'm looking at the last modification and somebody in the main office changed my patient schedule."

Them: "Well - we've just had so many issues w/ her".

Me: "Well it wasn't her in this instance."

Them: "Well is there anything else that we should know about?"

Me: "Nothing that other people in the main office aren't already doing."

Them: "It's just that we've tried her in so many different positions."

Me: "What do you want me to say? It wasn't her."

Silence.

Now while I may not be enamored by her or the way that she works, it's becuase that's simply not the way I work. I don't expect her to be me. And if they were having all of these problems then they should have been addressing them w/ her instead of looking to drop the hammer unbeknownst to her in her candy colored la la land of unicorns and rainbows.

I don't care if I like you or not. If you make a mistake I'll weigh the merits of what should be done at the time. If you don't make a mistake I'm not going to come up w/ one to blame on you or lie becuase the general masses are trying to get me to do so.

How would you (or would you) address the situation at hand? Should she be forwarned or let her keep walking blindly into it. I'm the last person that she would want to hear from so I don't want to cause inter-office disruption. My direct boss and I have spoken about this exact thing many times and she feels the same way. If you're going to fire someone do it for the right reasons. Don't blind side them and lead them to believe that they're doing great while going behind their back trying to dig stuff up.

Comments (14)