SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellessebee_gw

Induction (or any electric) cooktop: selection criteria

11 years ago

I am trying to select an induction cooktop and, after reading a number of threads, see that there are some criteria that might make someone choose one brand over another. I'd like to compile such a list to to take with me to the various stores where I might actually see some of the cooktops in the flesh, although probably not live. I understand that type of controls is a biggie but I'm not sure about what the issues are. I'd love to hear from anyone who owns an electric cooktop for opinions. I currently own a Thermador electric (smooth top) range so I am familiar with cooking on ceram, but it has traditional knobs like a gas stove. Going from gas to an electric kitchen when I moved was frustrating because of the speed issues of radiant electric and I hope to eliminate that with induction, but now I see I have other issues to contend with. I especially would like to hear from anyone with the Thermador Freedom induction 36" cooktop. That's my first choice but, boy, is it expensive and I think I'd be fine with 30" if they made the freedom in that size. Thanks for all opinions!

Comments (8)