SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craftyrn

tgif 1-24-2014

craftyrn
10 years ago

Tis the season for soups & stews & toe warming "comfort foods"-- do you have a favorite "go to - makes the whole house smell comforting dish?" Mine is either Mom's recipe
Golabki or a country bean soup filled with ham bits, carrots & chunky red potatoes -- & meatloaf with baked potato !

Not a lot going on here this weekend-- tomorrow doing a few days cooking to delivery to a friend who's laid up after ankle reconstruction surgery -- the bean soup will be one of the things going to her family-- not moving around much she needs the fiber--ha !

Couple of the GSs --16 & 18 -are planning to come over for dinner Sunday--they informed Doc it was time for him to do his goulash -- but I have a feeling the real reason for the visit ( they've been here once already this week to fill the wood bx )is Doc gets his new truck today & they're dying to try it out-- plus the 16 yo wants to play with the big tractor & plow the driveways-- so I guess Sat's cooking better include some cookies or brownies or I might lose my Gramma status as the cookie jar's sitting empty.

Stay warm & safe all-- Spring will be here before we know it.
Diane

Comments (5)