SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Went to a 250 booth craft show today.......Did I buy anything???

girlsingardens
17 years ago

Well I took my 2 little monsters (3 and 1) to a huge craft show with my mom today and walked for a couple of hours and didn't buy a thing. They did have all kinds of crafts but didn't see much I was interested in or could afford to buy.

Anyways here is what I saw...

I would say that at least 1/3 of the crafts were not homemade but imports and such, and none listed as not being a homemade craft. Guess that they were homemade but by folks in China....

I was told that the glass block lights were the all new thing.... I let them know that they aren't so very new.

Did introduce some homemade crafters to Gardenweb:) So hope to see some here

The lady that sells the mixes ( soup, dips, cookie and bread ) was doing brisk business. She had 6.00 a quart jar of chicken rice soup mix, I know that I can make them much cheaper. They were rice, boulion, parsley, seasonings, not much for the money:)

Saw a couple booths with candlelights like soso posted. I love these and went to goodwill to buy some tin and enamel pieces to use.

Several folkes had the windows with different themes. The one I liked best, used the bottom half of the window glass as a sort of shadow box. They had dried seed pods, milkweed pods, dried apples and such attached to the background, these looked really neat, they used an oldfashioned wallpaper borders on the top half.

A couple had bulk potpouri, I told my mom, you know when you see me on the side of the road hanging out in the ditches, I am gathering rose hips:) I have dried some and plan on making potpouri.

The prim stitcheries like I have been working on for family are going for 18.00 a piece, maybe I need to start selling these.

Also lots of painted holiday stuff, cute but expensive. Now at least I have some ideas for Christmas presents;)

I have lots of jars so plan on those soup,dip, cookie mixes for family and friends, candllights also for gifts, stitcheries catered to personalities, and homemade potpouri.

But you want to know the sad thing..... Didn't see anything that I haven't seen here or on the sewing site or recipe exchange..... You know if I would get my butt into gear, I could surely be a trend setter:)

Stacie

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio