SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rickharmer

On craft shows!

rickharmer
18 years ago

Morning,again.

Just did 2 days at a juried Xmas craft show.Sold 3 small pieces.At the last on in October,sold 2 of the same small pieces.

Well,enough of that!!!

Because I'm doing a lot of masks and other garden art,I'm going to work on different areas:one,we're going to turn our front acreage(it's our woodlot) into an outdoor gallery where the masks that we do can be seen in natural light somewhat like they're going to be displayed.And,two,we're going to look at wholesaling to a few garden centers.The craft shows will still be done but only in the summer.

At the most recent show,I had a 16 inch ball,which had a mister/strobing light combo in it.Drew everyone to our booth!There are few if any local concrete crafters so our products are unique.But,couldn't sell a mask,not one.Interest,of course,but people had a hard time visualizing...hence the garden gallery idea.A few bucks for flyers and postal delivery of same for our coastal area(about 5,000 people)announcing our concept should bring on the people.

So,why am I saying all of this?For those of you just getting started,or want to dabble in craft shows,take heed.It is a tough world out there in crafterland.Don't expect miracles.And,perhaps like us,you'll narrow your focus on what you're going to do and how you'll accomplish it.

Good luck and cheers from here

Comments (11)

Sponsored