SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
billy_g_gw

Capital Culinarian - Factory Visit

billy_g
13 years ago

I was in Los Angeles earlier this week and decided to visit the Capital factory and see the Capital Culinarian for myself. Mr. Surjit Kalsi, the president and founder of Capital, personally showed me around his factory and demonstrated the features of the Culinarian.

Here is Mr. Kalsi with a beautiful Culinarian range.

Here's an angle shot of the range, a view of the grill (note the two halves of the grill are positioned with different sides facing up), a front view of the burners, and a top view of the burners.

These two photos show the wok ring, one shot from the top, and one shot from the front. This is a really nice unit and the heat shield will help protect the wok handle and your hands!

This is a so-so photo of the oven. You can see the brass fitting on the bottom of the oven that accepts the rotisserie fitting and provides the drive to turn the turkey or whatever is on the rotisserie. The rack design is very innovative, with ball bearing wheels that fit into grooves in the oven wall. The racks pull out effortlessly and the glide mechanism is a very innovative design that doesn't take up any valuable oven space.

Mr. Kalsi is a classy guy and very serious about being innovative and listening to his customers. I suspect this is just the beginning of the Culinarian series because Mr. Kalsi is a man who keeps innovating and has an open ear for his customers' needs. It was very nice of him to show me around. Capital has many other great products including range hoods that match the curve on the front edge of the Capital range, BBQ grills, etc.

All of the grates are solid. The grill grates are heavier than you might guess.

There are many innovations that I haven't discussed here.

Enjoy the photos and feel free to ask any questions! (Sorry for not wiping down the stainless before taking photos.)

Billy

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio