SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
macybaby_gw

Need to order appliances soon - can't decide

macybaby
14 years ago

I'm about ready to ditch my plans for an induction cooktop and double wall ovens and keep the smooth top range I have.

I've narrowed my search down to KitchenAid or Electrolux. I was all set to order them from a place in town about 60 miles away. I've had bad experinces with the local appliance shops (all two of them) so I don't want to go that route - and they don't know anything about induction anyway.

I got quotes on my choices, and turns out Electrolux sets prices but with the KA I've found a wide range. I wanted to oder local for warranty issues, but the company says since I'm not "local" any warranty work would cost me at least $50 per visit if they came out, otherwise I could deal with the manufacturer directly. And they would charge $100 to bring it to my doorstep (not inside).

If I go with the KA I can order the pair from AJ Madison for about $1300 less than getting them closer to home. Reviews seem mixed on reliablilty of AJ Madison so that has me concerned.

And to top it off, I've never seen either of the cooktops in person. This fall I made a trip into the Twin Cities (MN) and could not find any showroom with the KA, and now Electrolux has a new model so even through I saw the old one, this one is quite different.

I just don't know what to do!

Cathy

Comments (16)