SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xxxjuxxx_gw

Reheating - Miele Steam Oven vs. Microwave - How Long?

xxxJUxxx
12 years ago

We've planning to start refurbishing the Kitchen (and Master Bedroom & Master Bathroom) in the spring, so it is time to finalize all those appliances! We've just ordered the range - a beautiful Provence Yellow Sully by Lacanche, with a total of 6 burners including a French Traditional Plate and two ovens (one gas, one convection with broiler). I am so excited about the Sully that I find it hard to convince myself to include a third oven, but that means no quick reheat in the MW... Will I miss it? Probably not, but my husband will, he really likes to do a quick reheat of leftovers, soup, oatmeal etc. A steam oven appeals to me much more than a MW... granted I can steam on the range, but the universal opinion seems to be that food reheated in a steam oven tastes great... The big question I cannot find an answer to is: How long does it take? The Miele manual doesn't give any indication for how long it takes to reheat something from frozen... So, if anyone uses a steam oven, can you please let me know - how long to reheat a single portion of frozen casserole that usually takes 5-7 minutes in a MW. Is reheating, especially from frozen, convenient in a steam oven, or should I just go for the Speed Oven?

Comments (16)