SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

funny thing happened at the paint store

3katz4me
12 years ago

I went to look at paint colors yesterday - for my bedroom project. I'm a beige person though I do have a couple rooms that are some shade of green. I've had about four major interior painting projects that were all some shade of beige. I like the warm feeling of beige vs. white, gray, etc. So I decided this bedroom will also be beige - some kind of khaki type color. I would have considered something else but that just seems to be what would go well with the quilt.

So I went to look at paint colors at the local BM store. The more I looked the more I realized I was looking at many of the same colors I'd considered for past projects. After a while it started to crack me up - oh there's another one I've looked at in the past. Shaker Beige, Bleeker Beige, Stone House, Lenox Tan, Crisp Khaki, etc. I have a bag full of those little beige paint samples. I started wondering if they're dried up or still useable for this project.

But today, since I have two of these colors on my walls at home, I decided I could just see how the fabric looks with these two at least. I have Crisp Khaki in my bedroom and I think that will be perfect. Next weekend I plan to pick up my headboards and take all the stuff up there to do a test in the actual room. Then I'm hoping to do the painting over the presidents day weekend since I have that day off. Today I've been reading the painting forum for tips. I have painted a few rooms in the past that I think turned out fine but I thought there may be easier ways to do things that I wasn't aware of.

Am I boring and risk averse or do other people gravitate to the same thing over and over?

Comments (6)