SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colo_lady

Thank You Chase!! You're a STAR!

colo_lady
16 years ago

Oh Sharon, let me offer you a profound thank you for providing me great direction for the progressive neighborhood potluck! Insomuch as I had many wonderful suggestions, I decided to make the Chicken Marbella and it was delicious!

It turned out that they were expecting 30 people and I had heard about a few other dishes folks were making, like a hamburger dish, a chicken spaghetti dish, and one with chicken, noodles, veggies and cream of mushroom soup. My dish was THE stand out, and looked as delicious as it tasted. I substituted chicken broth for the wine and that did not diminish the result. I used 6 pounds of thighs and 3 pounds of breasts (next time will use all thighs). I also made a parmesan rice side dish.

Now one thing you have to understand, out here (in Colorado) not everyone is adventurous in their eating. Some folks won't eat anything they feel isn't some version of "meat and potatoes." But of the people who tried the Chicken Marbella, all said it was the best dish and that they tought it was delicious. I did have leftovers but that just meant MORE FOR ME!

All in all, the experience was pretty fun. I got to meet some neighbors I didn't know and I think we may be doing this twice a year. I also got to discover a new thing - - Mayan Hot Chocolate! My next door neighbor is very adventurous and she found this stuff at a local spice shop. It was spicy and unique (she added sugar so it was also delightfully sweet). I'm going there this weekend to get some!

Anyway, thank you to all of you that came to the rescue and thanks a MILLION to you, Sharon! That was brilliant!

Hugs,

Marcia

Here is a link that might be useful: Mayan Hot Chocolate

Comments (3)