SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vtpoppy_gw

Wolf AG - gas line pressure?

vtpoppy
16 years ago

Hi

I am very interested in the gas line size/pressure in relation to Wolf problems that people have experienced. I just had my AG Wolf installed and the oven won't get above 400 degrees (and that's after 2 hours!). Wolf technician came out and checked everything and said the diameter of the gas line is too small. We have propane and the huge tank is located about 100 feet away from the house, with the line buried. It looks like the pipe is less that 1/2", then it goes into some kind of regulator right before going into the house, then on the other side of the regulator it is 1/2".

The Wolf technician called the gas company with all the pertinent information, but the gas company is dragging it's feet in getting back to me. Can anyone give me an idea of how big a deal this is going to be? We are in snowy Vermont, with a foot of snow on the ground, so I don't think they will be digging up any gas lines any time soon....Is it a matter of increasing the pressure or do we need a larger diameter gas line? Does a gas line from a propane tank have to be buried?

My problem is if we have to get rid of the Wolf (hopefully not!!), I want to get it out before the granite countertops and island get installed, which is supposed to happen in a couple of weeks.

Please, someone tell me this problem is fixable!

Thanks!

Ronna

Comments (2)