SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

Odd size pans and induction

julieste
11 years ago

I was pretty much settled on gas but am now reading up on induction because, even though aesthetically I prefer the looks of a range, getting an induction cooktop might solve most of my problems for me. So, last night I got the magnet out and discovered nearly all of my cookware won't work on induction. I'd be okay with buying new, but I wonder about the availability of induction-ready pans in unusual sizes and configurations.

As some examples, I have a crepe pan with very low sides I use a lot (not for crepes, other things). I have another low-sided pan that is perhaps 10" to 12" square. I have an oval skillet that spans two burners. And, of course, I have a griddle. I also have a large and heavy enameled cast-iron dutch oven that has a very low lip around the bottom edges. Would this work with induction? How does one make gravy with the drippings from a large traditional speckled enamel roasting pan on induction?

I can easily find new cookware in the standard sizes and configurations. It is these oddball pieces I depend on that I wonder about being able to find. I've gotten used to some of these shapes and find them to be perfect for what I do.

Comments (8)