SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellie9_gw

Ge refrigerator blows cold air into the room

ellie9
13 years ago

Hi. I am so happy to have found this forum, and hope that I can get some help here.

We just finished renovating our kitchen and got a new GE top freezer fridge (GTS22SBX) with an added icemaker. It's been in use for a month now. The fridge seems to work (cold inside!). But it blows COLD air out to the room from the bottom.

The temp in the room is around 65, at the window sill (we have drafty windows) is in the 50s, and under the fridge is about 48. We've had a GE service call with no results (the guy had no clue). I've another service call which is scheduled for next Monday. But it seems like an odd problem and GE technicians don't have enough knowledge to address it. I haven't found any clues searching the web either (except for dirty compressor coils which doesn't apply to a brand new fridge).

The refrigerator has another problem, where the fridge and freezer doors aren't quite aligned (fridge door handle sticks out about 1/8" more than the freezer's handle). But the service guy couldn't fix it and said "it will settle in time"! I think this is a cosmetic problem but am not sure. The seals around the door "seem" to be tight.

We really appreciate it if anyone can give us some clue about what the problem could be, as I think GE technicians aren't going to be able to diagnose it.

Thanks for your help,

Ellie

Comments (12)