SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moe5474

Thermador, American Range or Viking Oven

moe5474
10 years ago

We just bought a new home this summer and unfortunately the Thermador double oven is just too small. At over 20 years old it still works perfectly, but the interior width is only 18 inches and I can't fit any of my pans inside. Thus, we are on the hunt for something new.

There is a Thermador gas cooktop and a Sub Zero fridge that are both phenomenal at 20+ years, so I feel confident buying either a Thermador or Wolf oven. That said, I've narrow my list down to the below models.

-Thermador 30 Inch Pro Series; Model PODC302J
-American Range with French Doors AROFFE-230
-Viking 30 Inch Premier; Model VEDO0530255

Viking's website also advertises and new french door oven coming soon, although I'm not sure how soon. I know the AR doesn't have a self clean mode, delayed start, or meat probe like the others, but I don't really ever use those features anyhow.

Must haves on whatever I buy:
-30" Stainless steel
-Electric
-Convection modes on both top and bottom
-Knobs, not electronic control panel*

Anyone with any experience with the above brands? I feel like the only reviews for ANY appliance brands online are always negative, so it's so hard to pick one. I also know that any company that makes enough of a product is going to have a few bad reviews/lemons. You just hope it isn't yours :)

My biggest concern with Viking is that several major 'luxury' appliance stores recently stopped carrying them. When I ask why I'm told that their products have gone downhill since the latest buyout. But I'm not sure if I'm being told that simply because they'd rather me buy something in their store.

Thoughts? Every time I think I've picked one I go back to square and over think everything. I've searched all the thread here on GW, but am still looking for more insight.

Comments (4)