SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ponydoc_gw

Patience, Anybody have some to spare?

ponydoc
16 years ago

I am almost to that point.... the one where it I feel like nothing will ever return to any semblance of a peaceful life again! LOL

First some history- we are building a new home 100 feet behind our current house. We have a farm and an old ( old does not always = nice/historically important etc) farm house. Built around 1850. Has been updated through the years but basically is a dwelling with major issues structurally and layout wise also. The point is - we live on our construction site. Most of the time great but right now....... I am feeling overwhelmed. We are starting drywall this week. There have been so many contractors/deliveries etc in and out of here this week, the weather stinks and we have mud, trenches,crap etc everywhere. Add in I work A LOT but I am here during the day when all the activity happens ( good and bad- hard to relax and rest in the midst). Our mason has some down time so he is rebuilding the wall of one of our barns. Something that we wanted done and really needed done- but another excavation with more mud and of course the obvious disruption of barn. The barns are kind of my sanctuary.... feel like I am invaded on all fronts.

ALso - hate to admit this but I am a bit anal about my yard and it's basically trashed- at least the parts around the houses and barns. Of course I expected it but that doesn't mean I have to like it! LOL

Just feeling out of control. Although I adore my builder - he is slow (but we are under budget and he is great at giving me exactly what I want) and I will be ready to get our "home" back and all the peace and quiet. It's the reason we live where we do to begin with.....

So send me any extra patience you might have.... I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it's better....

PD

Comments (4)