SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msazadi

I guess I converted him! Message from New Orleans

msazadi
16 years ago

As some of you may know, I was to go to New Orleans for 10 days with my dh. However as it approached, I felt I needed some time home alone...a precious commodity which I don't get too often and forget how much I need.

Well, I finally got a food report from the lad...

We walked over to Emeril's and had a very nice dinner. They have small tables around the outside of the bar which are strictly first come, first served. Everything in the dining room is res. only. By 6:30 the DR was full and so was the bar. We both had chicken and sausage gumbo which was very tasty and spicy but not hot. Then he had broiled shrimp with Cajun spices. I had a grilled Niman ranch double cut pork chop with carmelized sweet potatoes with tamarind glaze and green chile mole sauce. Awesome in size and taste. The gumbo was also quite good. I then ordered Emeril's Banana Cream Pie with banana crust with caramel sauce and chocolate shavings. I couldn't resist the pie which is huge - I brought it back to my suite in a box and will eat it tomorrow - there is a fridge in the room. All this (mine, not Steve's) and coffee came to $60 including tax and tip.

Actually, I have the details: Gumbo $8 (bowl not cup), Chop $27, pie $8 and coffee $2. Oh yeah, and endless refills of 2 kinds of breads - corn bread muffin and a small focaccia - both were very good.

Pictures at 11 (actually not until I get home since I have no adaptor for the camera card).

Besides getting the details, He Took Pictures! Two engineers, of a certain age..., and they took pictures! I love it! (and him too). I guess I could remind him about the pralines about now, huh???? Maureen

Comments (20)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor